Creating and assigning link governor roles to individual members of a governing body is an effective way to ensure governance remains strategic and focused on key issues.
The development of a Wellbeing Governor role demonstrates the governing bodies commitment to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of both staff and pupils. The creation of the role also emphasises the importance of establishing robust mental health provisions in schools, providing equal opportunities, building resilience and developing support strategies and tools. Completing the e-module will give governors the status of being a ‘Carnegie Governance Lead for Mental Health & Wellbeing’.
Included in the e-module:
- Self-assessment diagnostic for the governing board to assess their strategic approach to supporting mental health and wellbeing in their school
- A description of role and responsibilities for the Lead Governor Role
- Recommended questions for in-school visits
- Up to date information on school policy
- A multiple choice assessment [awarding the accreditation element of the programme]
- Access to a private network group specifically developed for Wellbeing Governors
- Certificate/E-certificate confirming accreditation
Who can apply?
Any member of a school governing body or trustee board.
The multiple choice assessment will take a maximum of one hour to complete.
Start dates and locations:
The programme is delivered online and can be started at any time.
£50 per delegate
(If you are unable to pay by card and would like to pay via BACS, complete the online booking upto the point of payment and email email@example.com)