Workshop 1 - Food 4 Fuel
9:30-11:30am / £25 / 10th October 2023
To gain a greater understanding and appreciation of the energy expenditure of tennis players of all ages.
To be able to recognise the difference between fuelling for HEALTH and fuelling for PERFORMANCE, when each are a priority, and to understand practical implications of both.
To be able to identify the indictors of UNDER and OVER fuelling and what to do with that information.
To understand how to create the optimum environment for fuelling effectively with GO foods.
Workshop 2 - Ready 2 Replenish
9:30-11:30am / £25 / 14th November 2023
To understand the practical implications of the 3 R’s of Recovery.
To gain a greater appreciation of the relationship between nutrition and sleep hygiene.
To understand how to shape behaviour to prevent poor recovery, using GROW foods.
Workshop 3 - Eat 2 Compete
9:30-11:30am / £25 / 12th December 2023
To identify nutrition practices to maximise performance on match day.
To understand the barriers of travel both in the UK and abroad and to be able to identify nutrition practices to overcome these.
To gain a greater understanding of specific optimum fluid practices for tennis players and their importance for health and performance.
To understand what is meant by GLOW foods and how to use these to optimise health and performance.
In 2021, 73.3% of 75 Level 3-5 accredited+ British Tennis Coaches reported that they provided nutrition advice to their players. Only 27% of these coaches demonstrated sufficient knowledge to do so.
By the end of this Nurturing the Body for Health and Performance Nutrition series, participants will:
• Be able to advise their players of all ages with regards to specific nutrition practices to fuel and recover effectively in both training and match situations. This is in order for
the players to meet the demands on their body and for optimal health and performance.
• Be able to identify the indictors of under and over fuelling and what to do with that information.
• Understand the difference between GO, GROW and GLOW foods, when they should be used and how they impact health and performance.
• Have a greater appreciation of the relationship between nutrition and sleep hygiene.
• Have a greater understanding of specific optimum fluid practices and be able to advise players accordingly in order to benefit health and performance.
• Understand how to overcome barriers to optimum nutrition faced when travelling in the UK and abroad.